The TC members have given many tutorials, such as
- S. Mao, Video over Cognitive Radio Networks, a half-day tutorial offered at the 2010 Symposium and Summer School on Wireless Communications, Blacksburg, VA, June 3, 2010.
- ZHANG Baoxian, Internet-of-Things: Applications and future,The 2010 China Internet-of-Things Conferences, sponsored by Chinese Institute of Electronics, June 29, 2010, Beijing, China.
- ZHANG Baoxian, Health services and Internet of things: Its present and future in China, ICST BodyNets 2011, Nov. 7th, 2011, Beijing, China.
- Abdelhamid Mellouk, Adaptive Control for Dynamic Networks, RSACS 2011, June 23, Oran, Algeria, 2011.
- Abdelhamid Mellouk, Towards autonomous and cross layer management for Large Scale Networks and Ubiquitous Systems, DNAC 2010, November 17, Paris, France, 2010.
- Abdelhamid Mellouk, How to maintain End To End Quality of Service, COSI 2010, April 18-20, Algeria, 2010.
- Abdelhamid Mellouk, Future Internet and Future Optical Networks: Two Separate Layers or Towards the ConvergenceONDM 2009, 13th Conference on Optical Network Design and Modeling, February 18-20, Germany, 2009.
CSR TC is actively involved in the organization of around three symposiums at ICC and Globecom conferences on a regular basis. These are Optical Networking symposium, Wireless Networking symposium, and Next Generation Networks symposium. The TC also organizes High Performance and Switching Conference (HPSR) on an annual basis. Our TC members are actively involved in the organization of major ComSoc conferences, including the following:
- GC2020 Symposium Co-Chairs: Lotfi Mhamdi.
- ICC2020 Symposium Co-Chairs: Roberto Rojas-Cessa, Yusheng Ji, Chi Liu.
- GC2019 Symposium Co-Chairs: Jun Zheng.
- ICC2019 Symposium Co-Chairs: Scott Fowler, Stefano Secci.
- GC2018 Symposium Co-Chairs: Jun Zheng, Abdelhamid Mellouk, Xavi Masip-Bruin.
- ICC2018 Symposium Co-Chairss: Pascal Lorenz.
- GC2017 Symposium Co-Chairs:Walter Cerroni.
- ICC2017 Symposium Co-Chairs: Shiwen Mao,Grzegorz Danilewicz, Mohammed Atiquzzaman.
- GC2016 Symposia Co-Chairs: Roberto Rojas-Cessa.
- ICC2016 Symposia Co-Chairs: Abdelhamid Mellouk, Mohammed Atiquzzaman, Shiwen Mao, Walter Cerroni.
- GC2012 Symposia Co-Chairs: Abbas Jamalipour, Nei Kato; Workshops Co-Chairs: Nirwan Ansari, Guoliang Xue.
- ICC2012 TPC Chair, Hussein Mouftah.
- GC2011 Tutorials Co-Chair, Abbas Jamalipour
- ICC2011 TPC Vice-Chair, Abbas Jamalipour; Tutorials Chair, Hussein Mouftah; Workshops Chair, Heinrich Stuttggen
- INFOCOM2010 TPC Co-Chair, Guoliang Xue
Distinguished or Expert Lecturer
The TC members have advanced for IEEE COMSOC Distinguished or Expert Lecturer Positions in the last 3 Years:
- Nirwan Ansari, 2007-2009.
- Hossam Hassanein, 2008-2010.
- Abbas Jamalipour, 2007-2009.
- Guoliang Xue, 2010-2011.
The TC members have successfully advanced for consideration as IEEE Senior Members or Fellows in the last 3 Years:
- Nirwan Ansari, IEEE Fellow, 2010.
- Heinrich J. Stüttgen, IEEE Fellow, 2010.
- Mounir Hamdi, IEEE Fellow, 2011.
- Guoliang Xue, IEEE Fellow, 2011.
- Stephen Suryaputra, IEEE Senior Member, 2012.
- Shiwen Mao, IEEE Senior Member, 2009.
- Baoxian Zhang, IEEE Senior Member, 2012.
- Lin Cai, IEEE Senior Member, 2010.
CSR-TC Distinguished Technical Achievement Award
- 2018: Nirwan Ansari, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA.
- 2017: Mohammed Atiquzzaman, University of Oklahoma, USA
- Andrzej Jajszczyk, AGH UST in Krakow, Poland
- Guoliang Xue, Arizona State University, USA.
- 2016: Abbas Jamalipour, University of Sydney, Australia
- Hussein T. Mouftah, University of Ottawa, Canada
- 2015: Chunming Qiao, SUNY at Buffalo, USA
CSR-TC Distinguished Service Award
- 2018: Guoliang Xue, Arizona State University, USA.
- 2017: Naoaki Yamanaka, Keio university, Japan
- 2016: N/A
- 2015: Shiwen Mao, Auburn University, USA.
- 2014: Hussein Mouftah, University of Ottawa, Canada.